Promises to declare over your familyBlog
It was once said by Bishop Desmond Tutu that, "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." Our family is a blessing from God, and one that we can enjoy to it's maximum potential here on earth. Just like any other privilege, it does not come without a required level of stewardship or responsibility.
Husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, children, grandparents and grandchildren- everyone has a role to play in the God-ordained unit that is the family. Most likely, the roles we play are roles that we cannot fill perfectly. That being said, it's important to know that at one point or another, we will all fail to fulfil our roles as members of our household.
Just like in anything and everything, we needs God's grace and promises when being a blessing to our family members. Only through Him can a family effectively respond to the call God has to your family, and consequently each member's individual calls from God as well. God's promises are not only for individuals.
God's original intent was always to bless a group of people- may it be as huge as a whole nation and as basic as a family unit. Because of the goodness and lovingkindness of God, we can claim promises of peace, love, joy, blessing, provision and protection over our families.
Here are some scriptures that we can declare over our families.
1. Psalm 103:17-18. "But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.
2. Proverbs 22:6. "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
3. Joshua 24:15. "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
4. Acts 16:31. "They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."
5. Psalm 112:2. "His descendants will be mighty on earth; The generation of the upright will be blessed."
6. Lamentations 5:19. "You, O LORD, rule forever; Your throne is from generation to generation."
Source: Christian Today